Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Big Bear Retreat

   


     So as you guys know I have been in Big Bear since yesterday and let me tell you the trip getting here was very interesting. Now, driving steep slopes and flying gives you two different feelings. Flying gets me nervous but then I'm over it. But driving steep slopes in a car on very narrow streets makes me want to write out my obituary. At an elevation of  7000 feet, it is a constant battle between extreme paranoia and majestic scenery.

      Like the scenery is nothing less than extreme beauty, its like you step into a new world. I felt all nostalgic and magical. It felt like nothing but absolute freedom. And the lake, the lake is so crazy beautiful!!!!  Well, this is a social justice retreat!

      As a group of complete strangers coming on a retreat together, not knowing what to expect, but we all shared a common ground, that is the idea of Social Justice. Cabin living, outdoor meetings, deep and personal experiences, all in two days. Grouping up and getting to know everyone story, their struggle and their path to overcoming and beating the things that have held them back. You become humbled and empathize and sympathize with others.

    You learn to respect differences between humans and to respect that everyone haves a story!
Latest Entries ...