Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Okay So I'm Ranting

Sorry I haven't posted in a while have begun to get lazy...no worries the ITIS is curable!

Todays' Topic: Group Projects/Presentations

You would think group projects would end in high school, but to my dismay sadly that isn't true! So I come to college to get ahead, you know do things like: build up my portfolio and resume and graduate with honors (a plus). But others, don't come to college for that stuff no indeed they are here to be something but they need to figure out who they are!

So here I am in class, listening to the professor, who is very interesting and BAM, I have been assigned a group presentation for part 1 of my finals. So I'm like:

{INTERNAL DIALOGUE}

Me: Great, just great now I have to work with people that have and affect on one part of my final
Conscious: you can do it Lex, come on its just 3 min per person
Me: a lot can happen in 3 minutes
Conscious: but your a natural born leader, you can whip them into shape
Me: okay I will do it, but I dislike group projects, too many undependable people

{INTERNAL DIALOGUE ENDED}

Group: Hey...what topic should we do our presentation on
Me: Well since our umbrella subject is *BLANK*, anything under that should be fine
Group: So we agree on doing *BLANK*
Me: Good Idea okay lets work on this


{TWO WEEKS LATER/INTERNAL DIALOGUE}
Me: F*** this
Conscious: we need out of this group
Me: Yess, my grade is on the line
Conscious: how can they be in college and be this lazy, 2 weeks have passed and no one even bothered to say hey here is some work I did for the presentation
Me: time for me to become very rude and blunt

{INTERNAL DIALOGUE ENDED}

So this was basically what is happening in a very comedic and non-profane version (just flip it to get the real deal). I am not an over-achiever but I do get my work done and thoroughly finished. I am not in college to do work for other students and carry their weight. So, being the person that I am, I will most likely end up doing my own presentation.

Anyways as always, I'm a thinker and this was my rant!!!

Sincerely Fay,


Latest Entries ...