Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

What God is Teaching Me Blogger Link-Up Event...


Hey Soul-Childs,

So there is this blogger link-up buzz going around and I would like to join it, especially because it's something I feel really deeply about. So I found out about this link-up on darling bloggette, GETTIN' PRETTY blog, go check this lovely lady out, her blog is such an inspiring place. But then her blog led me to the wonderful woman named Cassie, drop by her spot @ Sage and join this awe inspiring link up. Okay so lets gets started!

So the ask, is to share what God is teaching us about in certain times our life: failure, pain, waiting, not having enough money, facing disappointment, and facing criticism....


Remember this what God has taught me so our views may not be P.I.C. but its okay. BTW  P.I.C. means partner in crime ;-)

Failure 

Failure is good to have in our life! No one person is the same. It took me failing at so many things to figure out who I am as a person. Failure is a double-edge sword; it helps a person realize what their limits are or helps a person figure out how to push for more in life. For me, failure made me realize that I have a strong sense of ambition and an earnest desire to never give up. (No I'm not overly competitive, I just know what I want in life and how I'm going to go out there and get it. But a healthy dose of competition is needed every once in a while. Hehehe.) Failure is just a stepping stone that each and everyone of us have to overcome in life.

Pain

Okay so I have dealt with my fair share of pain in life. From something as small as a stomach cramp to something big that hits me emotionally. Pain comes at us in all forms and as humans we have to learn to deal with it early on in life. Pain brings us together, and it makes us realize that we are not alone in certain situations. We grow out of painful situations, and it serves as one of His many tests (a test of our faith)in life. Pain doesn't last forever, remember this!

Waiting

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Good things will come to those who wait..." Well it is true, I can't even begin to describe how many times I have endured long waits for things in my life and the outcome was glorious. Rushing things may lead to disastrous outcomes. Being patient is all worth it!!!

Not having enough money

God knows what we need, trust me He does! So then we have to say, well what is enough? He will give us what we need. I can recall a time a friend and I wanted to go to Coachella, and we all know how expensive that can be. I mean we were set on it, planned it all out but in the end due to financial reasons we could not attend. We were bummed and slumped into a "only if I had more money" conversation (we all get to this convo, its ok, its natural). Then, it just so happens that a charity event was going on, that we attended, it was awesome to see the effect we can have on other people's lives, it was way better.You can sum up your own moral of the story.

Facing Disappointment

Disappointment, Henry David Thoreau says, "If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment." We all face it! Problem is that we don't know how to deal with it. Our disappointments matter to God, and God has a way of taking even some of the hardest moments in life and making them into something better.

Facing Criticism

The truth hurt sometimes, we need the truth to figure out what we are doing right or wrong in life. Though it may see harsh at first, take in to consideration one person criticism can reflect the way many others think, hence the phrase, "great minds think alike".Don't take offense their only trying to help you!! But don't forget that these are still someone else's opinion and don't take their words too deeply. There is some people who don't know know that there is a line between insulting and criticizing!

-Sincerely Fay,
Latest Entries ...