Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Book Review: 3 Recent Books I've Read

HI LUVS,

As you can probably tell I am stoked!!!! Yes, I said "stoked"! Wouldn't you be if just stumbled across a quaint and awesome indie bookstore in your neighborhood? Not just a bookstore, but one that allows you to have as many free books as you can carry on the first Tuesday of the month. Oh I just had BOOKGASM!!!!

Okay, so while my visit was brief, I found the time to do some digging around to grab books I needed hehehe....it was a struggle amongst the random people the store attracted. But I came out with some awesome and very helpful books.

                           Okay luvs, lets get started with this week book review .........


The perfect summer novel!! Penelope J. Stokes novel, The Blue Bottle Club is an enthralling summer read. The story starts in 1929 and takes us all the way to the present, throughout the journey we meet four women. We experience the ups and downs of friendships, love, and what comes within the world of womanhood. It starts off rather slow but I was very happy that I finished it in the end.


 Dana Stabenow caught me totally off guard with this book. If  you enjoy a good mystery with a dash of culture, A Night Too Dark is perfect. In Alaska, somebody disappears every day, hunters, fishermen and tourists. In Aleut, detective Kate Shugak’s park, people have been falling off the grid quite a bit lately. And as she and state trooper Jim Chopin are about to realize, it’s got something to do with the recent discovery of the world’s second-largest gold mine in their very own backyard.The longer you read, you find yourself imagining being in Kate's place and wanting to dig deeper into the mining controversy and find the truth about what’s going on in her homeland. Even if that means facing down an enemy who will kill to keep certain secrets buried… (4 STARS)



This novel will be one I keep in my home library for years to come. The Thrall's Tale is a beautiful and memorizing mix of; history, romance, and fantasy. Judith Lindbergh has took the history of an actual time period and managed to create a story that has took me into another world. I read the entire book in one sitting!!! This book follows Katla, a slave, her daughter Bibrau, and their mistress Thorbjorg, a prophetess of the Norse god Odin, as they navigate the stormy waters of love, revenge, faith, and deception in the Viking Age settlements of tenth–century Greenland. (5 STARS)

So is there any books you would recommend I read for next week if so let me know, till next time.....

Sincerely Fay,
Latest Entries ...