Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Current Reads & Jams Review


Hey loves,
It seems like I haven't done a review post in ages and that's really sad. I love sharing things that make me happy and could possibly do the same for you. So while I will be showing you what I'm currently into I will also give a concise but thorough review.

Do you got Jams???


I've been listening to two artists that I feel is bringing soul back to music. The first is Kehlani, let's just say this is a good R&B album and I haven't heard something so raw in a while. The Oakland native dropped her most recent release in April.

Not only is she a California girl, like me, her music is also a very raw look into feelings of girls in our generation. When listening to album I could relate to her on so many levels and her words rung true.
I could find solace in her music and I am expecting many great things for her in the future. She is bringing elements back into the genre that hasn't been felt in a long time.

The second artist I came across by is Jeff, his velvety voice and jazzy tunes will have you feeling some type of way. His music reminds me of the way I want to be romanced and loved. His sound brings class and emotions of a man in the 80s and 90s into the new school perspective. I'm definitely looking out for more of his soulful sound in the future.

I see a beautiful change in today's music, could it be that today's artist is bringing back that real sound. That "something" that has been missing from the industry for so long.

What have you been Reading???

For those of you who don't know I study not only journalism, but creative writing as well.
 My emphasis is on poetry, so I try to read poetry as often as possible.
Recently I was able to get my hands on a piece of soul (a ebook), that I have wanted for so long. I will also get this in hard copy soon.

This is my review of Salt
by Nayyirah Waheed.


salt.
Automatically when you are reading through this book you will notice that the poet keep her stanzas short. Many poets have elongated stanzas that allow them to write in detail what they want to get across, Nayyirah is not one of those poets.

With her tight lines,
 and uncanny language,
she accomplishes in what many poets
take a two or more lengthy stanzas
to do.
Her impact is head on.

What I like most about her poetry would have to be the way she not only lets you in her world but makes you become apart of it, as a reader you are not only observing but participating as well.
 Her work is raw and unapologetic.

- Sincerely Fay,
Latest Entries ...