Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Tomboy * ish || Collars and Mortar













Ensemble ~
Top: Thrifted
Jeans: Forever21
Shoes: Topshop

Hi Luvs,
Pattern is probably one of the most slept on stylistic choices in personal style tbh. The reason I feel like so is because many people are afraid of it. Pattern are for very brave people, being able to pair a pattern piece like my shirt takes a lot of freedom and courage. To be able to wear color and pattern takes an even bolder personality. Pattern pieces are always the highlight of any outfit so it's best to pair it with something of similar solid color (like my blue jeans match the blue in the shirt) so the outfit is still cohesive.

 Wearing pattern is something I had dropped because I felt like pattern was not "in". But as I was picking through my closet I found this shirt and honestly the damn thing brought back so many memories of the skater me in lbc (yes black girls skate) and made me realize how far I've come since those days. Back then I was probably the very definition of a Tomboy, never wore dresses (something that I still don't really wear), lived in ripped jeans and sneakers (like my collection was siiick).

I am understanding that I don't have a definite style. My style is what I feel comfortable in, what I feel I am in that moment I decide to put on some clothes. I know that I can wear dresses, wear oversized clothing, and be edgy and still be me. I find categories to be suffocating, especially in today's society where we are not allowed to be multifaceted, but instead we are praised for fitting into a genre (especially when it comes to fashion). I don't mind breaking that mold because it doesn't make me uncomfortable to be "other".  As long as you're confident in who you are, the rest will follow and acknowledge you for you!


- Sincerely Fay
Latest Entries ...