Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Seize the Opportunity When it Presents Itself

Today is a day that really got to me you guys!!!
So here is the lesson I learned today.

I was trying to figure out what to do with my afternoon and this is what I decided to do. So every since I was a little girl I wanted to learn how to play the piano. But because my family, like millions others, lack the resources and financial means- I never learned it. Okay enough background story. So since I am in college, I have found what I want to do with my spare time, I go to the Music Arts department and to my delight they have a whole two floors dedicated to free practice space. So I finally get a room and sit down in front of the piano.

I've only self taught myself a tune of repeated keys, haven't had the access to a piano since church. So here I am, in front of your standard grand piano, 88 keys...shiny and black. Inside I'm the happiest girl ever, outwardly I look so awkward. All I hear when I crack open the door to the room is very talented musicians, so I quickly closed the door. I sit and tell myself, I was made to play the piano, this is an instrument that have been attached to my soul since birth.

With a few notes and a YouTube video, I was ready to fly....and crash. But on the bright-side I now know every key on the piano and I can play a little melody within just two hours I was picking up on how to position my fingers and wrist. So here I am totally lost in my own little world. So I have now decided with my next three years I will take every opportunity to play the piano until I began to make notes flow seamlessly. I know I won't be the Mozart of the century but I will make it a goal to be damn good at what I do....

I even made a little recording of my 1st piano session, YAY!!!
Latest Entries ...