Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Running Around L.A.


Hey Luvs,

      So this past weekend I decided to show my friend around L.A., not all of it of course that would take days. Anyway, it was not until I was acting as a tour guide that I figured out that I don't know that much about L.A. and I've lived here all my life! The second revelation was that L.A. is very beautiful and has a unique charm that stands out among other cities. As my friend is new to L.A., the best way to travel and show her what it had to offer was of course by using the METRO.

First off was to the METRO redline North Hollywood Station took it all the way to perishing square station where we got off and landed in the middle of downtown L.A.


The next stop was the Last Bookstore, off we went into the most brilliant and decked out bookstore on the west coast. I've never been in a bookstore, like this one, and I guarantee you-many of you haven't either. This is one of L.A.'s gems. My friend was blown away when she walked inside. And I have to admit, I've been here many times before and I'm still always amazed at the maze of craziness, literally the second floor is a maze. Whoever designed this place must have been a close relative of whoever designed Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland set.





We then scoured the streets for a place to eat, but instead of eating we walked right into Little Tokyo, because we were nearby. This area is very cute, and it is a cross of American and Japanese culture. We settled on eating at Sushi & Teri's restaurant.
 








Afterwards, we grabbed some of our favorite flavors of mochi, a Japanese rice cake made of mochigome, a short-grain japonica glutinous rice. The rice is pounded into paste and molded into the common oval/circular shape, filled with ice cream. Then while we were walking back to the METRO, we had to photobomb the Los Angeles Times building....after all we are both aspiring journalists and writers. After a long day in L.A. we headed back to our apartments.



Sincerely Fay,
Latest Entries ...