Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Sincerely Fay Features: Hersoul


Hey luvs,

Today I'm featuring a Southern Cali native rapper otherwise known throughout her social media as HerSoul.
Lately, she's been hitting the scene bringing us those bay area vibes.
I would describe her as a "Independent Artist with a Fresh & Unique Sound."
 


Describe what you do.


I am a full time student at California State University Northridge. In addition to that, I'm currently pursing my passion as a Hip Hop Emcee/Artist. When I'm not working or busy with school you can catch me writing or performing my music. I've been able to perform around my college campus, LA, and in the Bay Area, which is my hometown. I have also been blessed to have some of my work noticed by Music magazine blogs like True Magazine and Upcoming Hip Hop. Right now I'm working on my first debut LP project entitled, HerTape. The project is in it's competition stage, so as of right now I've just been performing a couple of my singles from the project.  


If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you have?

If I were stranded on a deserted island, I would bring:

1. A Notebook so that I could write what I was feeling and going through
2. A friend lol because I'm selfish and human and would want someone type of human company/interaction. Sorry.
3. I would bring an iPod just so I could listen to my music. I'd play like a song a day until the battery dies.



What is one weird/unique thing about yourself that you are willing to share?

I have a love/hate relationship with bras.
 

 How would your friends describe you? (In 3 words)

I think my friends would describe in some shape or form as genuine, passionate, loving.



 What is your philosophy towards your work? What inspires you?


 My philosophy towards my work is progression and appreciation. I believe that it is important to always strive to be a better you, but to also appreciate yourself for where you are in your personal development towards your goal. For instance, I would've loved to have had confidence to stick with beat production when I was younger, but I didn't. The larger picture for me is the process to being ok with that. Understanding the opportunities that I can create for myself now and understanding that music is still with me because I've put in work. What inspires me is the extension of love through creativity.
 

Humans do make mistakes. Please share with us a time where you have made a mistake and how you dealt with it.


 The freshest thing in my mind right now comes from an incident last night. There was hair stuck in the bathtub drain and because i didn't feel that it was left from me or my company, I sort of assumed it was my roommate. My mistake was that I went to her with the issue without giving her a chance to say whether or not it was her's. Turns out that she hasn't washed her hair at their apartment at all. I haven't told her that I felt wrong for the way I framed the question but I'm thinking of doing so.
 

Where do you see yourself in ten years?


 I see myself as a well known touring Hip Hop Artist. I see myself as a humanitarian and as a business owner. Lately I've been wondering about relocating outside of the U.S, so who knows maybe I'll be living somewhere internationally. In ten years I would just love to be in a position to where I'm able to be someone who can create opportunities for others.
 

What is some advice you would give someone who is on their road to reaching their dreams?


 To anyone who is on the road to reaching their dreams, I would say to step up to fear and the unknown. Love, laugh and nurture yourself through your wounds. You are going up against a system that disguises its hate for you, but dig deeper for a better you. Understand what that means specifically for you. Lastly, be real with yourself about your confusions and shortcomings and think about how you want your life to be looked at.
 

What does style mean to you?


 Style for me is very important to me because for me its connected to my beliefs, culture or persona that I want to express. My style definitely comes from that of the Black culture but the uniqueness that's incorporated is what makes it that much more personal and representative of myself. 

What is one thing about yourself that has/have made you insecure? How are you dealing with it?


 One thing about myself that has made me insecure would be my gap. It was definitely something that I was ridiculed and bullied for having. I would literally never smile with my mouth open, I would always talk a certain way so that I could prevent someone from seeing it. I think that it definitely made me shy and fearful of speaking face to face with people. Since I've come to college, it has been something that I've been working to appreciate. I've come to grips with the fact that I'm loud, I love to laugh and talk and dialogue with people so I can't and shouldn't spend energy trying to hide something smile. 


 An experience where someone judged you for how you looked. Was it positive or negative, why?


 Always. Always. Always. I'm a Black girl, the world always has something to say about my skin color, my hair, my lips, my nose, the way I talk and walk. I've definitely been affected by it negatively as an individual and as collective of the larger black community. My economic opportunities have been affected as well my personal self in how I see myself and how others view me. It could've definitely been bad but fortunately, I've never been convinced that I or Black people were the issue. 

What would you tell a person who is only looking at your outside?

 I would tell them that Her soul shines through.

Follow ... on her platforms


 Blog/Tumblr @ Hersoulshinesthru
Twitter @ Hersoul_Music
 Instagram @ Hersoul
Facebook @ HersoulOfficialMusic
Souncloud @ Hersoulmusic




 Sincerely Fay,
Latest Entries ...