Alexus Fay

THE FAY FILE

I am Alexus Fay.

Inspired by all things 80s/90s.Plant & dog momma. You can often find me on a beach or in gardens. I have a passion for design, writing, wellness, & self care.

@alexusfay

Church & State || Birthday Dinners

Welcome back luvs! 
At night I had the opportunity to dine at the industrial bistro Church & State for Khiamma's birthday! Now let me tell you a little backstory. Early last year, Khiamma and I was in these parts of LA very often and while on one of our mini adventures we came across this gem. We told each other we would definitely come back to visit and while I sadly forgot about this beauty, Khiamma booked reservations for her birthday. All to say, I am glad I was able to dine here despite all the blocks I faced before going to her dinner.


 A very industrial setting, but extremely french in style and taste with a  diverse range of dishes. I ordered the classic and house renowned staple, "Steak Frites" with a bourbon drink on the side. Surprisingly complimented each other well and was very filling and good.

Picture does not do this plate justice!

 The server surprised us when bringing out the creme brulee, consisting of a caramelized vanilla custard, on a wooden platter with a candle.
Saying "Joyeux Anniversaire", which in french means happy birthday to you!



I will not lie to you guys this place is easily $40 a plate for dinner, and while they do have less affordable options, expect to spend around $80 (this include a drink and tip and tax) If given the chance and you're in the area, definitely grab lunch or dine here you will not regret it!


- Sincerely Fay,

Latest Entries ...